Thursday, February 17, 2011


Custom Glitter Text




The other day we had the opportunity of dissecting a heart. This was a very interesting activity and I enjoyed learning all different parts that make up the heart. The key points we looked at was the trachea, veins and arteries. I learnt that the veins job is to transport blood to the heart, whereas the arteries transport blood away from it to the lungs. I also learnt how to find out the difference between the left and the right side of the heart. The left side's wall would be a lot more firmer than the right. I really wish we could do this activity again sometime.

1 comment:

  1. I also think it was awsome to dissect a heart, but it was even better looking at the left and right sides of the heart. The left side was alot thicker because it has to deal with the preasure of the blood flowing through the heart, but the right side was thinner because it doesnt have to hold that much blood. Even though I would love to dissect a heart again, but I am very grateful that we even got an oppatunity like this in the first place.

    ReplyDelete