Sunday, October 24, 2010

How I did my kinetic energy in sound energy experiment

Hey Team,
A lot of people have asked during school me how I did my kinetic energy in sound energy experiment with my laptop and speakers and did different noises and the speakers played it at the same time so I decided to post the instructions (note: this will only work in windows 7 and you will need a microphone if you don't have one already built-in):
First hold the speakers' sound hole up-right facing the top (or just tape it)
Plug in the speakers
Right click the speaker icon in the task bar and click 'Recording devices' and then click the microphone you want and click the 'Properties' button on the bottom of the window and go on the 'Listen' tab and tick the box 'Listen to this device'.
Put a little ball or a light object that is smaller than the hole itself. Start making noise and observe the speaker.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. shouldn't this work on all computers (not just windows 7)? All you need a speaker playing a loud noise. Nice idea though.

    ReplyDelete