Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Energy @ Home Reflection

While doing the Energy at home booklet, I learnt many things. I learnt about more efficient ways to use energy at home such as for lighting, heating and cooling. I learnt about energy efficient lightbulbs like the fluorescent bulb and I also learnt about the energy star rating on appliances. I also learnt about conduction, convection and radiation in the home. Something I also learnt is the different things that can be installed to prevent energy that is wasted and to improve energy efficiency in the home such as solar panels or whirly birds.

Something I gained from this is knowledge on the use of energy at home. I gained information on the different types of ways that energy is used and wasted at home and how to prevent a lot of this happening. I also gained experience from doing the experiments.

With the information I have learnt, I will take into consideration the energy star rating and buy an appliance with a high rating. Also, I will install energy efficient devices in my house such as solar panels and a whirly bird to cut back on energy costs. I will also change the incandescent lghtbulbs to more efficient forms of lighting like fluorescent lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment