Monday, April 4, 2011



Hi everyone. At the moment we are studying Asexual reproduction (i.e. a flower) Today in Science we dissected a flower to find out how the flower reproduced. I worked in a pair with NG. We got a lily and took the petals off, and we used a scalpel to cut the stem of the flower all the way down the middle. I didn't even need to read Dissection for Dummies!



It was that easy. We then opened up the stem and we saw a tube that must obviously bring the pollen to fertilize in the bottom of the stem. We could see the seeds that would've been growing if we hadn't dissected it. They were the tiniest things. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to show this time; but I have the amazing power of a DIAGRAM!!!!



















That is enough from me. Bye, for now.
~BF

No comments:

Post a Comment